Monday, June 15, 2009

Bittersweet

Bill has always been a person with an extremely strong work ethic. In twelve years at Claim Jumper he never took an impromptu sick day. Even after being diagnosed, he never once called in sick. He is a true work horse!

That would explain the reason he is still not giving up on this never-ending fight. We have told him over and over that his battle must end, and he is ready to walk with Jesus... We are ready for his departure from this world. He is heading to a better place (and we are insisting he saves us seats). He is still in a coma and non-responsive. His eyes are fully dilated which means he has turned off his brain to this world. His breathing is very shallow and he has what is referred to the "death rattle". It is still a waiting game...

I will keep updating if and when things change.

Thank you for all your prayers and well-wishes. We read and love every single one! We have faith that Bill will complete this journey knowing how much he is loved and cherished.

4 comments:

Gene and Susie said...

Dear Jackie - I hope that I really get to know you some day. You are an amazing, exemplary woman, and I love you!! You WILL walk with God one day, with Bill right by your side.

Unknown said...

Dear Jackie: I am a cousin of Bill's on Ann's side of the family. I'm so sorry to read about Bill.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Sincerely,

Bernard Rottner

Anonymous said...

Jackie, I can see why he is fighting to stay. You and Tyler are gifts. Bless you. In our thoughts...
Calle and Brent

Wendy B said...

Love to you my friend... You are truly amazing. We will be here for you.