Sunday, March 1, 2009

Another Weekend

I apologize for the shortage in posts, but Bill had family visiting, and things were a little crazy! We had everyone here yesterday and had the most amazing meal together. Tyler got to meet one of his cousins (that he's never met) and was in heaven playing with him. Instead of calling him Owen, Tyler called him "My Cousin" all day. Then at one point Owen was apparently promoted, and Tyler called him "Brother". It was too cute!

Bill stayed up all day yesterday, but looked pretty beat toward the end of the day. He went to bed last night and has been there ever since. It will take a few days for him to recover from all the excitement... but I know it was worth it for him to spend time with his family. We are just relaxing (procrastinating) today and gearing up for yet another week!

2 comments:

NL said...

Hi Jackie, Glad to hear everyone had a great weekend! My daughter is an only child and her relationships with her cousins on both sides of the family have been developed since she was a baby and continue to be developed as a mid-teen. Most are older, 20's and 30's, but some are within 5 years of her age. As she gets older the age spread becomes less significant. She has a great time with her cousins and has come to see some of them as her older brothers and sisters. One, monopolized her time on the dance floor at a wedding last weekend in San Diego as not only did he have fun dancing with her, he was also protecting her from the 20 or so Marines who were there! My husband was thrilled with this secret service protection! :) Anyway, how wonderful it is to begin developing these relationships as a young child! They will surely develop over the years where, as independent young adults, our children will initiate contact with their cousins, aunts, and uncles. See you Wednesday! Nancy

TEAM HOGAN said...

Jackie,

I am a complete stranger who came across your blog but I am here to help you in anyway I can. I have been in your shoes. I know exactly how scared you are. Unfortunately I am a melanoma widow but if you ever need any empathy, I am here for you.

Anna Hogan
Mission Viejo CA