Thursday, March 12, 2009

Seattle

We are headed to Seattle on Saturday morning! Yesterday was a rough day for both of us. Bill was in pain and really down, which has a domino affect around here. We had a lot of tears and a brutally honest conversation about life, marriage, and death. Words were said that will forever resonate in my head. The bottom line is... Bill feels he doesn't have much time left. That is why I got online last night and booked a trip to Seattle - we leave Saturday and come home Monday evening. We are staying in an amazing hotel in the downtown area that brags about their sheet count. It is walking distance from the original Nordstrom, which stands five stories high! Who needs the Space Needle when you have a five story Nordstrom? Tyler is staying with my parents, so it should be a nice long "adult" weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Bill and Jackie,

I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you all daily. Even if I barely ever post a comment I do check the blog every day. :-)

I hope you guys have a fabulous trip to Seattle. Plus, may you find the perfect classic car for Bill and have a great time with it!!

Best wishes,
Lori Buley

NL said...

Jackie,

You will have a wonderful time because you are together! Cherish each day on your trip and each day with each other because all days are meant to be cherished.

Tyler is in good hands as are your kids :) Don't think, just enjoy!

Love,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

I know this might be cliche and something you might not want to hear but it is the quality of the time we spend together with our loved ones rather than the quantity of times we do. Enjoy Seattle, take lots of pictures and cherish the time you spend together.

Anonymous said...

you did it!!!!!!(booked the trip) sosososososos happy!! xoxoxoxoxoxo love ya aud

Anonymous said...

Bill - Don't give up!!! I believe in miracles. We love you.