Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Post #2

I took Tyler up to bed about a half an hour ago because he fell asleep on the couch around 5:00PM. I tried waking him up at 5:45, 6:10, 6:30, and then I gave up. I am going to take some crackers up to bed with me, so when he gets up at midnight, starving, I am prepared. Hopefully he stays asleep, he obviously needs it.

I don't know the preschool curriculum, and frankly, he asks me to teach him read and I keep telling him no. I don't think that at age three he needs to be reading yet. The preschool time of life is so incredibly short, I just want him to enjoy it. Besides, then he would know how to read the "guide" on the TV, and he could figure out that Wow, Wow, Wubzy was, in fact on, but Mommy said it wasn't. Today we were at Costco and I was buckling him in his car seat and he asked me, "Mommy, where is the Leaning Tower of Pisa?" I didn't realize preschool standards were so rigid! ;)

3 comments:

NL said...

Dana was almost 3 and we were driving around Fullerton running errands. I stopped at a stop sign and Dana says, "octagon". I turn around and ask, "What did you say?" and she repeats "octagon" as clear as a bell. I then asked her why is the stop sign an octagon and she tells me "8 sides." No joke. It is amazing what they learn in pre-school. I felt better when I asked her what a decagon was and she had no idea! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that is soo cute, I miss that part of the kids being little and asking such cute little questions! When they are teenagers pretty much the only question you get is can I have money! Glad to hear that you all had a nice weekend!
love Julie

Marla said...

I was just catching up on your posts. I want you to know that I think about you, Bill and Tyler all the time and hope for the best. I love reading all the quotes and questions Tyler asks. I can't wait to hear what I'm going to get from our little one. Take care! love, Marla