Thursday, March 26, 2009

Other People...

What a day! Joe (Bill's dad) had surgery on his knee today. While we were in Seattle he took "trip" down a few stairs and hurt his knee. I just have to add, that you know he was in horrific pain if a former fireman called 911 after the fall. He was carrying a bowl of spaghetti and didn't spill a drop! That's what I call dedication. (Kudos to Ann for taking on the caregiver position... also a distinct form of dedication.) To directly quote Joe, "Please say a prayer for me; my golf game depends on it." I'd like to add Ann to that prayer, she wants Joe golfing again soon, too! Tuesdays just aren't the same for her.

I got a call today from Apryl, my close friend, and her 5 month old, Kaitlyn, was admitted to the hospital today after being constipated, and they found blood in her stool. After hours of tests, they found out her colon is swollen and her intestines are inflamed. Last word was that they may do surgery or flood her with a constant IV for a few days to get the swelling down. Either way, the poor baby is in pain, as are her parents. Tyler and I took them some dinner at the hospital, and Tyler actually got Kaitlyn to stop crying for a few minutes. It always amazes me how children instantly relate to other children. I don't care how old or how young... seeing your baby suffer is the deepest pain one can endure.

Tomorrow is soccer day! Tyler has talked all week about how great it was, and how much he loves Coach Johnny. I can't wait to see if he partakes this time. I will definitely be taking my camera. *Fingers crossed*

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Good luck with soccer! We've been hearing all week about not wanting to go. So not happy with my daughter right now!! :)

BTW - love your new background. I almost went with that one myself when I was playing around with our formatting.

NL said...

Hope soccer went well today! Will Tyler have the same coach for all three sports? I would hate for him to get attached to one coach then be switched to another. Remember to post pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

Keeping Apryl, her baby daughter, and family in our prayers. PLease let her know my thoughts are with her.
Janet

Tamie said...

Jackie,

I hope soccer was all you were hoping it would be today, and I hope little Kaitlyn is doing much better.

What have you done to me this year? I've started a blog and now I signed up for Facebook after our talk today. I don't even get why I should have an account except to shock MY Tyler when he sees his mom signed up to be his friend!! Mom's really do know all:)