Sunday, March 22, 2009

Soccer, Anyone?

My apologies for not posting for a few days, but I went out last night with a girlfriend for her early birthday. We were so wild and crazy that we went to Fridays (about a mile from here), had a couple drinks, some appetizers, and I was home and in bed when the clock struck 10. Apryl and I were both yawning at 9:20 and eager to get the check. Sad, I know. It was really fun, though and we decided we need to do that more than once every 2 years.

It was a very mild weekend. Bill is definitely feeling better and his appetite is coming back tenfold. When I got home at 9:40 last night, he came downstairs and made himself a hot dog and then ate 2 jello packs. That is usually his diet for the entire day. We went to breakfast Saturday (he was craving country fried steak from Knot's Berry Farm) and he had taken his pills right before we left. By the time we arrived, the medicine had kicked in... he was high as a kite! He ate his breakfast and fell asleep in the car on the way home. It was actually entertaining, and he really knows how to ham it up!

I took Tyler to his first "Multi-Sport" class on Friday. They play 2 weeks of soccer, 2 weeks of baseball, and 2 weeks of basketball. It is through the city and most kids in the class were 3-years-old. Imagine 20 children all age 3 (each with their own ball) on a soccer field. A handful were crying (mine included) and a few were attached to the leg of a parent (mine included). He only wanted to play on the equipment on the other side of the park. I left my camera in the car (again, not mother of the year), but I decided to take a picture of him once we got back to the car. Look closely at his red face and swollen eyes. He told me he couldn't wait to go back next Friday... we'll see!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie,
That is so funny about Tyler at soccer. Phoebe did the same thing on Friday. She cried for the first 5 mins. then decided it might be okay as long as we stayed close by her. What time was your class? Ours was at 5:00 at Toyon.

Melissa said...

We had the EXACT same thing happen at Hayden's first soccer game on Saturday. We're hoping this weekend is better.