Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Paddy's Day! I wish I could say we celebrated with delicious room temperature green beer, but it has been (ahem) a few years since my college/single days.

I feel like I am finally getting caught up after being gone for the weekend. Bill slept all day today, but did come down for some dinner tonight. He even called me while I was at Target and asked when I would be home. That is his code for saying, "Hurry up. I am awake and bored." He has enlisted his dad to possibly go out tomorrow to try to get a glimpse of Airforce One as it lands in Orange County. I told him that was a great idea, but I wasn't leaving work early to bail them out of jail. He even called our neighbor (Costa Mesa Police Dept.) to have him investigate the timing of the motorcade. I hope they get great pictures for me to post!

"Hay is for horses, but grass is cheaper." That was the response I got from my three-year-old this evening. I know he heard it elsewhere (it sounds a lot like my mom), but my goodness, he is still THREE! I am constantly amazed how he can sound so much like an eighty-year-old man. You just never know what will come out of that boy's mouth... it scares me more and more each day.

2 comments:

TEAM HOGAN said...

Glad everyone is home safe & sound. Obama is landing Long Beach so dont hover too close to John Wayne. Brave of a man to land in a red county :)

Anyway, I am around Jackie if you want to meet up for lunch/coffee or a trip to Target (ha ha)

Anna Hogan

Susan and Kevin said...

Hi Jackie and Bill,
Tyler did show up at our house this weekend and seeing as I have a horse, you would think that comment came from my house... but, I've never heard or said that statement, so the mystery remains. Tyler did, however, meet Thunder, our friendly dog, who is larger than Tyler. Thunder was VERY happy to meet Tyler up close and in person, and Tyler... well he liked Thunder but wasn't quite sure just how much. Take care.
Love,
Susan and Kevin