Monday, March 16, 2009

WE ARE HOME!

We had a wonderful time in Seattle and are now home. It was relaxing and exciting all at the same time. It rained... no shock there, but Sunday morning we awoke to gigantic snowflakes! It snows maybe once a year, so we felt very privileged. It ended up getting sunny Sunday afternoon, which was perfect timing for our outing to Pike's Market. I got to see where Bill lived in Redmond and we drove around some amazing neighborhoods. We didn't find Bill Gates' house, but not for lack of trying.

The Nordstrom was everything I thought it would be... and more! I luckily had a few hundred dollars on a gift card (and added a little) to feed my purse obsession. Bill got some much needed new sunglasses. We also got him a new wedding ring for a whopping $25. It is a basic sterling silver ring that is very similar to his platinum (original) one, except the new one actually fits. Some of you may recall the very start of the blog I mentioned a wedding ring story... complete with dumpster diving.

We had an amazing dinner at a very unique restaurant that was a recommendation from someone at work (thanks, Jenner). It is called The Pink Door, but it doesn't have a sign, it's just a pink door.... hence the name. We had incredible risotto, and Bill was able to keep it down, which is more than I can say for the two days prior to that. He was a trooper on this trip! I let him lead where and when we did things. We honestly did everything we set out to do. I slept more than I have in the past week, and Bill slept less than normal, so we balanced each other nicely. He ended up a little swollen after the plane ride, then walking so much added to his puffiness. Now that we are home, that should go down quickly. The next few days will probably be spent sleeping, but he's pretty excited to have his stomach drained on Thursday.

5 comments:

NL said...

Jackie, I have been praying for you and Bill all weekend for you both to have a wonderful time. I am sooooooo incredibly glad the trip was everything you both had hoped it would be! I bet you didn't even miss not having the internet!! :) See you soon! Nancy

Melissa said...

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time!

Susan and Kevin said...

Hi Jackie and Bill,
So glad to hear you had a wonderful time together. Sounds like the snow was a show... just for the two of you. Stay well.
Susan

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that you two had such a good time, that was a needed and deserved get away for you both! Who wouldn't like that Nordstroms, I am sure that Bill enjoyed that too, we know Bill loves shopping also! It was awesome to hear from you Bill!
Love you!
Julie

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome!! I am beyond elated for the two of you!! Yummy food, beautiful snowflakes, and designer shopping- what more could one ask for?!?!