Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tape

I follow a few blogs of different people, some cancer patients, some caregivers, some former caregivers, and some really great moms. (A few fall into more than one category.) Every once and awhile I "meet" new friends and a wonderful supportive relationship forms. I am so grateful for the kind hearts of so many people all over the country who have reached out to us. One new friend recently asked me if Tyler had found the (Scotch) tape yet. At first I was unclear as to what she meant, but ironically enough, we have played with the tape daily as of late. Long story short... it is common for kids when dealing with tragic situations to use tape while playing... it is their mechanism for fixing things that are broken... be it a toy, a chair, or a daddy.

2 comments:

TEAM HOGAN said...

I wish it was that simple. Scotch tape for cancer!! Jackie, I am glad that we've met over these blogs!!

daune abadie said...

Ok, so of all of your posts.....this one brings me to tears! Kids are incredible and so innocent! Sometimes, things need to be this simple.....

Playdate soon?
d