Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tomorrow...

Only about 12 hours until we find out if the treatment is working. Bill's lab appointment is at 7:20 and the doctor's appointment is at 8:40. They are not usually that spread out, so the hour wait will be a long one. I think Bill feels that the treatment is not working... but I have heard that is very common among the cancer crowd. Just to reiterate - we are hoping that the cancer/tumor does one of the following; 1) shrinks 2) stays the same or 3) if it grows, it only increases by 20%. If any of the three happen, then he can stay on the trial. If it grows over 20%, then he will have to stop treatment. My question is regarding the 20%. I can't help but wonder if it is a rate of 20% or a quantitative 20%?!? In other words - Is it a 20% increase based on the rate of growth, or is it that the tumor grows 20% of where it was the last scan. Those could be two totally different numbers. Now my OCD tendencies are shining through... This is a perfect example of why I have a job. I desperately need to occupy my mind with information that is useful, instead of driving myself crazy with cancer stats that I cannot control. (Control being the operative word.) I will definitely post the update tomorrow. Stay tuned!

6 comments:

Susan and Kevin said...

Jackie and Bill,
May our prayers, wishes, and PEACE be with you tonight, tomorrow, and every day in the future. Sincerely,
Susan and Kevin

Anonymous said...

Jac, Bill and Tyler...my preyers and best wishes are with you always. You know me Jac the glass is ALWAYS half full and this one is filling up fast, so we can have that party!

Char said...

Jackie-
*praying* for health and that your mind will be eased.
I'll be looking for the update tomorrow.
Blessings, Char

Anonymous said...

I just received the best news! I told you there was no reason to believe the drugs weren't working:). Your team tells me the tumor has even shrunk a little. Whoo Hoo!!! I just coulnd' wait for tonight's blog. I hope you are celebrating tonight. Hugs and prayers for all three of you!

Tamie

Anonymous said...

B-E-L-I-E-V-E. Without it how would we exsist

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

just waiting for your update. ((HUGS))