Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Still Waiting...

Is it Monday yet? We are still anxiously waiting for the results. It isn't coming soon enough. Bill's aunt and cousin (Judy and Adam, respectively) came down today to visit so hopefully Bill will be up a little more the next few days. It is always so great to see them! Bill and Adam will have the day to go play tomorrow - please pray they stay out of trouble. ;)

It takes courage to have hope... I got this message on my desk at work this morning with a special magnet that says "HOPE". It really got me thinking - in our situation, it is a battle that is fought in our home everyday. We often feel that hope is lost and it takes every ounce of strength to change the negative mindset and regain courage to fight this. Hope is so very valuable, whether you are full of it, or just grasping a thread, one cannot live without it. There wasn't a card or a name on the present, and it is the 2nd anonymous inspiration gift that was left on my desk at work. I have a suspicion of the secretive gift giver, but it is still a mystery... I think I like it that way. :) Thank you mystery gift giver, from the bottom of my heart!

5 comments:

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

awww that is so nice of that person!

yall are very much still in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Bartak- We received the letter you sent home with Kyle. I have no idea what to say and yet I feel this need to say something. You are truly amazing. Your concern for your students and for our feelings about having a substitute teacher while you spend time with your family just shows how remarkable you are. Thank you!

I read your blog and know that you are surrounded by really beautiful people, but if there is anything at all that you need that I can help with, please let me know.

Shauna

Anonymous said...

I can only hope that your Mom and Dad are still alive, they must be some very special parents to have raised a woman with your strength and values. God bless them and you and your family

May God hold you all in His arms

Anonymous said...

Hello Bill,

Its Mark Augarten from CJ. I spoke to Shannon yesterday and she let me know the situation. I just wanted to say I was thinking about you and your family and I will pray for the best. I miss our times working together. Please let me know if I can ever help.

Mark

Anonymous said...

Hello Bill,

It's Mark Augarten from CJ. Shannon gave me an update on the situation yesterday and I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you and your family. I will pray for the best and I miss our times together at work.

Best wishes,

Mark