Saturday, December 13, 2008

Obsession Confession

We had a wonderful dinner last night to celebrate Aunt Judy's birthday. We had a surprise visit from Chad (Bill's cousin, Judy's son, Adam's brother) who was also able to join us for dinner. It was a fun evening... to quote Tyler, "It was the best birthday party ever!"

I have a confession, well, an obsession actually. An obsession confession... I am totally and completely addicted to the New York Times crossword puzzle. I have to do it every day, or at least attempt it. Thursday night I almost left the house at 8:00pm to go buy a paper. We don't have it delivered, but I usually buy it on my way home from work. I'll admit that I don't always finish it, but the "easy" days (Monday-Thursday) I come pretty close. I have also once or twice *wink, wink* looked up the port of Algeria on the Internet. I have a mental block on remembering that one. Adam and Bill thought I was kidding when I said at dinner that I had the puzzle in my purse. We got home and I could not wait to get back to it. I even do the puzzle in the car... riding, not driving. I got my hair done on Wednesday and instead of reading People or US Weekly, like I usually do, I sat and did my crossword puzzle. My hairdresser (whom I have known since 2nd grade) just laughed, and oddly, wasn't surprised. Now I need to go upstairs and get ready to go get my Saturday puzzle... wish me luck!

5 comments:

David said...

you are just like Claude and Toots with all those crossword puzzles!

Anonymous said...

Jackie,Bill & Tyler,

Will be praying for you all especially as you wait for Mon. May Jesus' arms be felt around you all and know that all who know & love you are with you. Peace. Cousin Jim

Anonymous said...

Jackie,

If you care to you and Bill can call me on my cell @ 585-721-3409 or my office toll-free 1-877-850-7952. I would love to hear your voices. jim

Anonymous said...

Okay my little OCD friend, I found an awesome link to the New York Times. You can download the daily crossword puzzles, print, and play them each day for free! You can even have access to the next day's puzzle at 10 PM the night before! I'm sure Bill will not thank me for this information, but I just couldn't help myself. I understand, just a little, about having obsessions:)

http://www.nytimes.com/ref/membercenter/help/quicktips.html#a

I'm thinking of you both during this anxious time of waiting. I hope you feel your "Verizon Network" behind you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Tyler...It surely was the best birthday ever! I have your birthday gift sitting on my desk so I will be reminded how special you are. And "thank you" to the rest of my wonderful family for making this event a very happy memory.
As always, you're all on my mind, in my prayers and in my heart!
Keeping positive thoughts...
All my love,
Aunt Judy