Friday, December 26, 2008

The Birthday Eve

Tomorrow is Bill's birthday! I love birthdays (as long as it is not my own) and I even tried to get him to open his presents today. His parents and I got him a Nintendo DS system and a few games. He has never really been into the traditional video games, but likes the "puzzle" type of games. It is a nice small system that can be used anywhere, so hopefully he can play it lying in bed or on the couch. As long as it takes his mind off the reality for a minute or two. Ssshhh, don't say anything to him before tomorrow! We are going out to lunch tomorrow to celebrate!

We had a wonderful Christmas, however the day was long... for everyone. We spent a total of three hours on the freeway... in the rain... in traffic. Tyler had a blast and it was once again proven how insanely fortunate (and extremely spoiled) he remains. Christmas is an entirely new experience living it through the eyes of a child. We were all in a daze by the end of the evening, but I would not change one minute of it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

December 27, 1966 Garfield Hospital
I HAVE A NEPHEW!!! I remember being the happiest 20 year old in Rosemead.
42 years later, I celebrate you Bill, because you are the most loving, sensitive and witty person I know. I love you so very much!
My gift to you today is a prayer for peace of spirit, a hearty appetite and 42 more years filled with good friends, loving family and joyous laughter.

Char said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILL!
May this birthday and this year be filled with your heart's desires!

Mike and Kelly G said...

Happy Birthday Billy!

Mike and I are thinking of you on your special day and hope it's a great one for you.
Miss you!

David said...

Bill, Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Bill! Here's wishing you a renewed spirit and peace of mind in the upcoming year. Thinking of you and Jackie and hoping you both enjoy today. Love, Tamie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bill!
How can you be 42? Iam only 42 in my head. We hope you have a good day and are not too tired to enjoy it.
Love You,
Dorothy and Ferrell

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILL