Saturday, December 6, 2008

Monday's Appointment

What a day... I really don't know where or how to begin. We went to breakfast this morning with Joe and Ann and it took every bit of energy Bill had. Honestly, it was way too much for him to sit the table. He was in obvious pain, yet he did his best to eat about half his breakfast. He hardly spoke, and I'm convinced it was an attempt to conserve energy in order to get through the meal. I could see the hurt in his eyes.

The humbling appointment on Monday was the perfect opportunity for Bill to ask the hard-core questions that he doesn't ask in order to protect me. Little does he know, I probably have the same questions and the same reasons for not asking them. I feel the need to beat around bush - I just can't come out and write it... some things still need to be kept private. Bill's questions had to do with life expectancy and the answers he heard were NOT what we were expecting. Although it is important and necessary information, it was shocking. I had read numerous articles online and thought I was prepared with the glum statistics, but hearing it from the doctor was heart wrenching, to say the least. That is all I can bring myself to report - sorry to bring on the pity party. Please know that is not my intention, but in this situation I feel like good news comes few and far between. I will try to finish the doctor visit "story", but it may take a few posts to get it all out.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

May God Bless You and Hold You All

With All My Love... My Dear Child

Char said...

I don't know what to say.
I can't even begin to imagine how difficult this is for you all.

*constantly thinking of you*

Susan and Kevin said...

Jackie and Bill,
Please don't ever feel the need to apologize to the family and friends who care about you all so deeply. We are with you through all of the news, both good and bad, and we hope that WE can bring you, perhaps, a smile or feeling of comfort by letting you know we are here. May God's presence comfort you all. With love,
Susan and Kevin

Todd said...

Let me second Susan and Kevin's sentiment.

You say and do what you want on your own time.

We are just spectators, and you are gracious enough to let us all in. You have to live this every day.

And we appreciate that.

Love,

Todd

Roger said...

Hey Bill, I just heard about the news... very sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know you are a fighter and will take this fight head on.

Roger

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

omg. my heart breaks for you. (((HUGS))

Heather said...

My heart aches for you. I can not even begin to imagine what you are going through, or what you are feeling. My prayers are with you.