Sunday, December 28, 2008

Hind Sight...

I have been thinking a lot about this time last year and hind sight really is 20/20. I can remember right before Christmas a year ago we packed up Tyler in the stroller and walked around with our neighbors looking at the lights (our neighborhood has a contest). Bill reluctantly agreed to go, but I had to push the stroller home (uphill) because he was spent by then. He was also having an odd shortness of breath at that time, but it would come and go. There are actually numerous situations I can now recall, far before he was diagnosed, when he was lethargic and tired easily. He told me on Christmas that he wondered if he would ever get his energy back. He also said that sometimes he doubts himself and thinks he is just being lazy. Then he tries to do something and is quickly reminded that it is not laziness, but the disease. He also commented that he doesn't remember what it is like to feel healthy. To be honest, I don't remember what it is like to be with someone healthy... It has been a long road...

3 comments:

Todd said...

Wow, you had your Priest helping Tyler with his 4-wheeler, you can see his collar.

Oh wait, that's me!

That picture is funny, it makes me look fat, even in black! And I'm clearly not clergy...

I hope he likes the quad, there is a motorcycle in his near future!

That pic of Bill and Tyler on the couch is priceless!!!

Love,

Todd

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

((HUGS))

Susan and Kevin said...

Hi Jackie and Bill,
I hope Bill's energetic days are on their way back soon.
P.S. Just a side note to Todd, you don't look fat but I do think we should start calling you Father Todd. (I had to look twice too to see who the priest was in the photo!) Best wishes for a HAPPY New Year.
Love,
Susan and Kevin