Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Lights!

It has been a long week and it's only Wednesday. I had the BEST surprise yesterday when I got home from work. Not only was Bill downstairs, but Bryan (our neighbor) helped my mom put our tree up AND put up Christmas lights on our house. He even did the second story! (He also cleaned the rained gutters since he was up there and he said they needed it.) Tyler and I spent the evening putting up Christmas decorations, and he kept saying, "This is the best Christmas Day ever!" Little does he know, it gets even better than decorating the tree!

The night before, Bryan and Nyra (same neighbors) brought over an amazing dinner and it included even better company. :) It is very humbling for us to have such wonderful people in our lives who come running at the drop of a hat. I have been in tears all week long... "appreciation" tears, that is.

Bill has come to the conclusion, that he will probably not be returning to work after the first of the year. That was his goal since it's a slight financial struggle to have him at 66% salary. Honestly, I am thrilled he has made this decision, but my goal is to have him stop stressing about money. Afterall, it IS replaceable. I have way too many things to worry about; money is now quite low on my list. I am so very relieved he has found the answer within himself about not returning to work, since life is far too short...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that you all have been able to enjoy some of this holiday season. You are so right, money is not everything, I think we all tend to fall into that trap and forget the truly important things...wishing you all the happiest holiday season. Love and Miss you, Lenny and Julie

Char said...

Incredible friends and family make life enjoyable, even in the hard times.
I hope you and your family have a blessed holiday season.
*praying for you*