Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oh My!!

My favorite part of Christmas (aside from the real meaning, of course) is not the shopping or even the decorating, but the wrapping. I love beautiful paper, bows, ribbons, and the creativity that comes with putting everything together. It is not uncommon for me to shop for my wrapping paper far before the actual gifts. In fact, the only reason I get a lot of my Christmas shopping done early is because I love the look of coordinating gifts under the tree. My dream is to have a gift wrap room in our house with a closet set with rolls of paper suspended for easy access... As I type this I am now realizing that I should probably look into some sort of counseling.

I had an amazing experience at work today which was a direct result of the staff with whom I work. I want to post about it, but will need to do it tomorrow when I can gather my thoughts and write something slightly coherent. I am so touched by their generosity and am struggling to see the keyboard through the tears. Hopefully tomorrow I will be a little less emotional... doubtful, but a girl can dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Dreams My Child...Forever


Dad

Susan and Kevin said...

Jackie,
You are so cute... and funny, and honest, smart, and touching. Bill is fortunate to have all of these gifts in you. Reading your words is both a joy and a heartbreaker. May the love that you have for each other be stronger than any disease that may try to interfere... and may your Christmas be filled with ALL SORTS of beautiful gifts. Love,
Susan and Kevin