Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Precious Two and a Half Hours

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve and Tyler and I will be off to Disneyland with my family for our annual Club 33 New Year's Eve Day outing. Say that ten times fast. Bill is going to sit this one out. I can honestly say that I have hardly seen/talked to him in the past 5 days or so. He has literally slept since the day after Christmas. I go upstairs every so often to force feed him, tell him random things that are happening, or just to see if he needs anything. I took Tyler to school today to attempt normalcy while I'm off work, and although it was only two and a half hours, I didn't know what to do with myself. I got a coffee, grabbed my paper (which is now delivered!), and did my crossword puzzle while getting a much needed car wash. Then I went to Target by myself!! It has been three years, three months, two weeks, and four hours since I have been to Target all alone! Not that I am keeping track. :) It was a delightful two and half hours. Then I picked up our three-year-old who has recently decided to boycott naps and is able to stay awake in his bed for an hour to pretend he is sleeping. I'm slightly devastated by this new turn of events in our household. I don't care what time of day it is, if you put me in my bed for an hour with a few stuffed animals, you could not keep me awake at any price. Why is it that a child fights sleep vehemently, and the majority of adults crave more, yet deprive themselves? The irony... I suppose I should go to bed now instead of complaining about my lack of sleep. Again... the irony...

2 comments:

Char said...

I'm having the same napping issue with Millie (almost 4), let me know if you come up with a solution.

Happy New Year and many warm wishes for 2009!

Mom 2 D and T said...

Jackie- my 3 year old boycotted naps 2 weeks ago, stinkers! but now its 7 and she fell asleep on the couch! Good Luck! I think of you often and missing cyber shopping with you!
Sydni