Sunday, December 21, 2008

Santa...

Yesterday was a long day, but Bill handled it quite well. We had to get out of the house for awhile because the cleaning people came, so we went to breakfast with Joe and Ann. Then, in the evening, we had dinner at my aunt's house, which in hind sight, was probably too much. He did not manage to eat dinner, but he did stick it out as long as possible. He slept most of the day today, but at least I got him to eat a little dinner. Sometimes that alone, is a monumental accomplishment!

Tyler turned three just a few months ago and this Christmas should be even more fun with him "getting it". Every year gets better and better. To see the magic of Christmas through a child's eyes is the true meaning of the holiday. I can honestly say that I have whole-heartedly tried to use the, "If you are not a good boy, Santa will not come and bring you toys." I am still waiting for it to work. Yesterday he looked me in the eye and said, "I don't care and I don't want new toys, and I don't want him coming in my room." I think I am going to start telling him that Santa does go in your room if you are not a good boy... That should put the fear of God in him!

Christmas came early for our family this year. I have repeatedly posted about the incredible staff/team with whom I work, and how very fortunate I am to have them in my life. On Thursday they did yet another selfless act for our family. I went to Tyler's school to pick him up, which I never get to do because I am usually at work. (That story is an entirely different post.) While I was gone, my principal set up a tall Christmas tree in my room with gift cards pinned to it. Not just a few gift cards or even a handful, but an insane amount of them. I am still speechless and get teary every time I look at the beautiful tree. I do not know what we would do without such amazing, caring people in our lives. It doesn't just take a village to raise a child, but get through a crisis as well. So, thank you Golden staff, from the bottom of my heart!

4 comments:

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

i love all the new pictures you put up jackie! and yes we use the santa threat/bribe quite often with hannah!

Anonymous said...

Jackie,

You deserve it! You have touched so many lives and continue to do so despite your personal trials. You are an amazing woman!! We love you! Hang in there! Merry Christmas.

Tammy L.

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing the pictures of you all, it is hard being away and not being able to be there for you all as much as we would like...It is a true Christmas blessing to hear that the trial is working, I pray for you all everyday, for Bill to be the one to beat this terrible disease and for you all to have the strength to make it through. God Bless you all during this Holiday Season and for years to come! We love and miss you!
Julie, Lenny, Sam, and Gianna

Anonymous said...

Hello from Rose and Norm. I'm trying to figure out how this works. This is a test.