Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Birthday

Bill had a nice, quiet birthday, which is just what he wanted. Yesterday, he never made it downstairs, so just him spending the morning with us was a treat! We went to lunch at PF Changs (his request) with his parents, sister, and three nieces. He liked the idea of the Nintendo DS, however wants to play one before he rips it open, in case he wants to return it. I think he is afraid he won't use it enough to get our money's worth. I still think he should open it and try it; I know he will get addicted to it... which is exactly my plan. Afterall, he is the one who turned me on to the NY Times Crossword puzzle each day.

My mom and Ron gave us a trip of our choice for Christmas and included the babysitting. We debated Hawaii, but the flight is just too long, and Bill really shouldn't be in the sun. Especially since his type of cancer originates from the dermis. Since he used to live in Seattle, and I have never been there, he wants to take me to the rainy city. I rarely leave the Orange Curtain (as some would say), so this should be interesting! We will probably schedule it for mid-January around the doctor's appointments, stomach draining, and medicine schedule. I want to go when he has his week off the harsh drug to give him a few extra "awake" hours while we are gone. If anyone has any fun suggestions of what to do or where to stay, I'd love to hear them.

5 comments:

NL said...

HI Jackie, My husband and I went to Seattle and the San Juan Islands about 17 years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter. It was a celebration of sorts as after previous miscarriages I was finally able to hold on to a pregnancy into the second trimester. We splurged and stayed at the Four Seasons, which is probably out of sight now with prices. But, it was a lovely hotel, in an historical landmark building, and the service was fantastic. I'm sure Bill knows what to do up there, but of course you should see Pikes Place Market and maybe take a ferry ride over to one of the closer islands, like Whigby Island. Whatever you do it will be special because you'll be doing it together!

Susan and Kevin said...

Jackie,
Please wish Bill a happy birthday for us. May ALL of his wishes come true in 2009!
Love,
Susan, Kevin, Spencer and Sabrina

Anonymous said...

tell us all we want to know what else you all got

Be Blessed

Todd said...

Jackie,

Seattle is a great city, you can't go wrong.

I don't have any great suggestions, but you know I went there 3 times when I was dating Lisa.

The city is small, clean and very accessible.

We walked around downtown and always felt safe, even at night.

Seattle is NOT downtown LA!

I know Seattle is known for the rain, but I never saw two days of rain in a row in all the time I was there. Maybe I was just lucky, or I only spent 3 weeks on 3 occasions in the city. But Lisa said that was pretty much regular weather.

I know you will love the city, it is beautiful, and being there with your husband will make you love it forever.

Todd

Anonymous said...

I live near Seattle, Jackie! Email me. If you guys come, I hope to see you! I went to AMAT with Bill. I think we bumped into eachother at Disneyland a few years ago. I can give you some ideas of things to do. Katherine katemajus@comcast.net