Friday, October 31, 2008

The Shark and his Dad

Well, Halloween went off without a hitch and our little shark swam the street getting candy. He completely got the idea of Halloween this year... it was so fun to watch! I can't wait until Christmas, that should be even better.

The lung draining went really well and they drained 5 times the amount they did last time (750 cc's) which is equivalent to a little less than a liter. They only drained the right one, since the left one had very little. It was not as painful this time because instead of using a needle syringe, they used a catheter. Bill also admitted that his looming fear of the procedure is gone.

I can't explain in words the difference in him. He was sleeping so much, that I was beyond nervous. Today, he didn't even take a nap, versus sleeping 22 hours a day. He actually has color in his face, and energy to not only come downstairs, but be a member of society. The pills must be doing their magic... I don't want to jinx anything, but it seems promising. He called the City of Hope Thursday to see about a new dosage, and they gave him a reduced amount, with one stipulation - he can't start until he eats 2 meals a day. He asked if he could start immediately if he went and ate dinner and she said he could. He went back on the new dose last night. Finally, someone at Hope is concerned about the weight loss!! I'll keep you posted...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

JAC, BILL AND TYLER

TYLER IT IS GREAT TO HEAR YOU HAVE SUCH FUN TONIGHT I ONLY HOPE YOUR MOM AND DAD LEAVE YOU A LITTLE BITE OF CANDY, YOU WORKED SO HARD FOR IT

AND BILL, AT LAST OUR PREYERS SEEM TO BE WORKING. YOU HAVE SHOWN ME A COURAGE NO ONE ELSE EVER HAS AND I WISH YOU THE VERY BEST FOOD YOU CAN FIND (WE BOTH KNOW IT JUST MIGHT NOT BE YOU WIFE'S HOME COOKED MEALS)...OVE YOU JAC!!!
ALL MY PREYERS AND THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU ALL
ALL MY LOVE

BILL

The Fu2rman said...

I have to say, when I stopped by the house today, Bill was back to his old self.

It was great to be able to chit-chat with the only guy I ever approved of dating My Little Sister!

Bill, you're looking great! I hope you are able to go to see The Vandals in December!

If not, no worries, but it is great to see you getting back to your old form. You are missed as one of my favorite family members.

Love,

The Sharks Uncle

David said...

what great news! I'm glad Bill is getting his energy back, hopefully it'll give him a path to healing. Tyler must have been one cute shark! where are the pictures?!? can't wait to see you guys for Thanksgiving and Christmas!

Anonymous said...

so glad halloween was fab!!!!!! so glad for the great news!!!!! i wish i could donate some weight for bill!!!! god knows i have more than enough to go around! praying for you bill and my family extend their love and support as i told jackie. god bless audrey