Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Comments

*Disclaimer: Lately things have been so serious and philosophical. I promise to be a little more lighthearted next time! As I stated in the beginning, this is my therapy. :)*


I got my sorority quarterly magazine today and read something very interesting. One of the newly appointed vice presidents (a volunteer position) is a doctor doing research on gene therapy for the treatment of melanoma. She had so much success with the treatment on mice, it is now a clinical trial in Tampa, Florida. Who is ready for a road trip??

I learn (and gain) so very much from your comments. They get me through the bad days, and always enhance the good ones. It is comforting that I still feel like a "lucky" person even in the midst of a crisis. I have come to a realization... In my head I have always believed that everything happens for a reason, and it is all part of God's plan. Just accept life as it happens because God will take care of you. It was very easy to think this way when my plan ran parallel to His. When put in dire need of a miracle, my head still understood the mantra, but my heart was having doubts. I have turned a corner and truly feel that it is up to Him to take care of us. What is in His plan is the only plan, and I can't do anything to change it. We are along for the ride! It is so tempting to ask God, "Why me?" when really I think I should be asking, "Why not me?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie,
Why me? Is probably what we all ask when something happens that is not in our plan. But, I can see something that may be part of Gods plan and you deal with this crisis. What I see is a beautiful young women showing her faith and love for God (your last post shows this) as she stands by her husband as you both cope with this challenge. I see Gods love shine through you as you take the time to share your experience with those of us who care for you both. The Bible says that "God is Love". You are truly "REPRESENTIN"
Thanks,
Dorothy

Anonymous said...

AS WAS SAID ON T.V. ON "STAND UP FOR CANCER"
STAND UP TO CANCER, BUT HAVE GOD BY YOUR SIDE.

SO PROUD OF YOU JAC

ALL MY LOVE TO YOU ALL

Anonymous said...

Dear Jackie-
My daughter is one of your students (my older daughter was also your student 2 years ago!) and I just found out today about your crisis. I am so very very sorry to hear that you are going through this and I am and will send positive energy to you every day. I hope you feel it!
I lost my mother to cancer this year after a 10 year battle. She was diagnosed 10 years ago with stage 4 breast cancer and the doctors told her basically to go home and put her affairs in order that she has 6 months to live. She fought for 10 years and had a great quality of life for 9 3/4 of them. Never give in or believe the "odds" that the medical profession gives you. If they tell you that there is a 10% chance of recovery, know that they CANNOT predict if your husband is in the 10% or the 90%.
I don't know if this helps - I do know that there are many people here to help you, and count me as one of them.
Please let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do to help in any way!
Love
Dot B.