Thursday, October 23, 2008

Public Service Announcement

We are finishing Day 3 of the pills and to say he is sleeping like a baby is an understatement. (Which, after having a baby, that statement has a very different meaning to me.) In the past few days 3 major things have NOT happened... He hasn't watched 1 minute of TV, he hasn't put his contacts in, and he hasn't read the blog since starting treatment. He has pretty much slept for 3 days straight. I am not complaining, in fact, it's better to sleep the day away and let the medications work their magic. I think everyone can attest to the fact that sleep is the greatest escape. He left the house once, yesterday, and that was only because he had to in order to sign papers at our attorney's house.

That leads me to the Public Service Announcement - while it's not a comfortable subject, I would be willing to become the poster child for this topic. If you don't have a will written or a living trust for your assets, please (take my word for it), do not wait for a crisis to have it done. When I was pregnant with Tyler, our financial planner told us to go have it done, and we talked about doing it. Well, life happens, and we were in the middle of buying our house and I was pregnant with Tyler. Needless to say, we skirted the issue. Now we have had to set up our trust and wills in the midst of a disaster. Take Nike's advice and JUST DO IT! You will be forced to answer some of the hardest questions you could ever imagine, but once it is done, a weight is lifted. I will step off my soapbox now, and I will save the life insurance speech for another post... again, JUST DO IT!

2 comments:

Susan and Kevin said...

Hi Jackie and Bill,
I am relieved to hear Bill is actually sleeping through all of this as I agree that that is probably the best place to be for now. I hope you are getting your fair share of sleep as well. As for the public service announcement, thank you. I believe Kevin and I have that covered, but I am going to double and triple check because, as you say, it's always good to be safe. By the way, are you still craving some home cooking? I'm almost famous for my homemade chicken pot pie and I always make two. Let me know if I can deliver one to you. Keep your chin up to both of you. Love,
Susan and Kevin

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jackie,for starting my day with a chuckle. It is not a comfortable subject but once again you handled it with wit and wisdom which is a saving grace for us all.
Always here for you,with love, Ann