Monday, October 13, 2008

Good News X 3

Finally! I feel like we are long overdue for something to go as planned. The nurse at City of Hope called today and insurance has approved the trial! I don't know if the doctors on our end had to do any fighting, but thankfully we were not in that loop if they did. It is extremely common for insurance companies to instantly deny a clinical trial. Maybe if it's coming from the City of Hope they give it a second glance... it should be pretty obvious it is a scientific study that is not based on peach pits, although I am not above making a peach pit smoothie.

The second batch of good news is... TREATMENT STARTS ON MONDAY!! I have never been so excited to visit Duarte, California!

Good news #3 - Aunt Judy (Bill's aunt, Joe's sister) is coming down from northern California on Friday. She and Adam (Judy's son, Bill's cousin) will be here a few days, and it is just the motivation he needs to get him through until Monday. Bill is already planning the menu, which says a lot from a guy who hardly eats. Now I am praying that I can get through making a dinner for others. For those of you who don't know, "Mommy is not a cooker," to quote my (very honest) 3-year-old. Bill may have to get back on that horse...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was such good news I couldn't sleep last night, alas the early response to the good news. Looking forward to seeing Judy and Adam, should make the weekend go faster.
Thank you all for your prayers and support for Bill & Jackie, what wonderful friends and family we have been blessed with.
Honestly Jackie, what does Tyler say about my cooking? He hasn't complained about the "pancakes" anyway.

Dad

Anonymous said...

We are feeling so very privileged that we can make this coming weekend fly by for all of us.
Don't worry about cooking, Jac. To use part of Tyler's statement, I'm not a cooker either. Bill can attest to that! (So why am I now running a school cafeteria!?!?)
I can't tell you how excited I am that in 3 days from now I'll be able to wrap my arms around each and everyone of you. For now, I'm wrapping you in my thoughts and prayers.
See you Friday!
Aunt J

Anonymous said...

Dear Jac & Bill,
Believe me food will be the last thing on everyone's mind. Just being together again will be the icing on the cake!
It's awesome to be able to look forward to so many good things about to happen for a change.
Four days and counting!!!
My love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I told you good things were going to happen soon! You were way over due! Enjoy every minute of this weekend with your wonderful family. The weekend will go fast and Bill will be ready and strong to start his treatment on Monday. I'm so glad we finally get to say he is starting treatment!! Love and hugs to you all, Tamie

Anonymous said...

Jackie and Bill,

This is the great news and an answer to all of our prayers!

Cathy

Unknown said...

Dear Jackie and Bill,

Yeah!!! I am so happy that the time has come for you to get started. I know you have been waiting for this day. Know that I am sending happy thoughts to your family.I know that there will be a postive outcome to all of this.
Enjoy your weekend together.
Kim Dunbar

Anonymous said...

JAC AND BILL

AT LAST YOU HAVE GOT THE NEWS WE ALL HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR. BEST OF LUCK AND WE WILL ALL BE PARTING VERY SOON.

ALL MY LOVE AND PRAYERS

DAD