Sunday, October 26, 2008

End of the Weekend

I appreciate the influx of phone calls and e-mails inquiring about my mental state, but rest assured, today was a better day. In fact, my "bad days" are generally not days, but moments. It's hard to have a bad day when you have a 3-year-old smile at you and say, "I love you, Mommy."

Bill spent the day sleeping and has an appointment bright and early tomorrow morning. He goes for blood work first, then the doctor's appointment immediately after. It is supposed to be a run of the mill appointment just to make sure the medications aren't giving him unbearable side effects and discuss pain management. He has been in pain lately, but the trick is staying on top of the medication, which seems to be working.

I'll admit that I am not a huge recliner fan (for decor), but I am so thankful we got one for our bedroom. When he struggles getting comfortable in bed, it is nice to have a place where he can sit upright and breathe easier, while staying in our room. So, my matching decorative leather non-reclining chair will retire to the spare bedroom for now... obviously, that is the least of my worries.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill & Jackie,

I haven't posted anything because I truly don't know what to say. And because I have a penchant for putting my foot in my mouth, I just decided to follow the blog and keep silent! But that's not going to help you any so here I am.

But I just want you to know that I've been praying for all of you daily since I found out. On one hand, it's the least I can do for you and yet, it's also the most I can do for you!

If there's anything you need from me specifically, don't hesitate to ask. I'm only about 15-20 min away from City of Hope.

Kevin C

Susan and Kevin said...

Hello Jackie and Bill,
I believe Kevin C put it succinctly: so many of us out here, on the other end of the blog, read your words and feel your emotions but yet we feel powerless to make a real difference. Please know that, silently, we are out here... feeling your pain and praying with you for Bill's health and recovery. Please ask for anything that might make your day a little easier, or a little happier, as perhaps the most we can do is to help lighten your load. Take care.
Susan and Kevin A.

Team Rhone said...

I am with everyone else...praying daily and feeling helpless otherwise! Jordan and I often try to figure out ways to help and we always come up short! How do you help in this situation? It is our biggest dilemma. We just want to put our arms around all of you and hold on. I guess that is essentially what prayer is! So...we will keep praying. The bible tells us to pray without ceasing. Maybe this is a lesson in faith for all of us out here! We love you and we will continue to pray!
Leslie