Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Weekend

We had a MUCH better weekend, since Bill was able to join us on a few outings. The medication they reduced (tipifarnib) is the culprit of the extreme fatigue. He is taking 1 of those a day, instead of 2. I assume that drug is similar to chemo in the fact that it is cumulative and builds. So Saturday, he napped a few hours, and today he was slightly more tired than yesterday... but nothing like it was last weekend. I honestly can't explain how severe it was last weekend. I am so grateful that we discovered it was the drug that caused the fatigue instead of the disease. I felt like he was here, yet I missed him. Quite a surreal experience.

We go back to the City of Hope tomorrow and I will be in attendance this time. I learned my lesson when Bill got home last week and not one word was written down. That is difficult for a copious note taker, such as myself. I guess the only way to get ALL the info is to hear it for myself. Hopefully, it will be as fast as it was last week, since I only took a 1/2 day sub. As we say each day in our house... Happy Tipifarnib Day!

No comments: