Monday, November 17, 2008

Another Appointment...

The fire was a lot closer than we thought! It burned the center divider on the main street that leads into our neighborhood. It was crazy! I know I am now a hypochondriac, but I also am over analyzing Bill's symptoms. Since the fire, I think his breathing has gotten worse. I can see he is short of breath faster and he seems to be breathing louder when he sleeps. Again, it could very well be my imagination, but today was more severe. His voice is also extremely hoarse. I don't notice it much anymore, but we met a friend of Bill's today at the City of Hope (his son is getting chemo treatment) and he commented right away about his voice. I can't help but think the fire and smoky air have something to do with it. It was shocking when I called his cell phone a few weeks ago and got his voicemail. Hearing the difference in his voice is startling - it is so soft and labored now. I am debating packing up and staying at my mom's house for a few days to let the air settle a bit. It doesn't help that I have watched a few different news stories on air quality... or lack thereof.

Today's appointment was uneventful - although Bill asked questions about what if the trial doesn't work. Dr. Chow said then he will move to a standard chemo oral drug. I asked him afterwards why he asked that, fully knowing that something triggered the thought. He said he has had pain and been sore the past few days in his groin area (the mass is there). I pray it is the medication working its magic and the shrinking is making him sore?!?!? I know, I am fishing here, don't worry, I am not dillusional... usually.

3 comments:

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

i really think yall should move away from it for a few days. i'm sure his voice being hoarse IS from the fires...stay safe.

Anonymous said...

Im with you, the meds are working on shrinking the mass hence the soreness. Stay safe and I will continue to pray for you, Bill and your families.

Melissa

Anonymous said...

I say pack up too! We've had our share of fires and evacuations down here in San Diego and I wish I had moved the family out of town, both times, until the air cleared. We all had hoarseness and scratchy throats and headaches. I say head to clean air!! I'll be thinking of you guys. I think of you everyday and check the blog daily too. Best wishes to you all. Sincerely, Lori Buley