Monday, November 3, 2008

City of Hope Today

Hind sight is definitely 20/20. We were barely there an hour today. I didn't go to last week's appointment (after the week-long snooze-fest) when I really should have, and of course I went today and the appointment went like this:

Dr. Chow: Wow, you look so much better! Is the reduced amount working better for you?

Bill: Yes, I feel so much better and I'm not sleeping as much.

Jackie: He takes a nap in the afternoon and that's about it.

Dr. Chow: That's great! Do you have any questions?

Bill: No, I think we're all set.

Dr. Chow: OK, see you next time.

Bill only lost 1 pound last week... although he had significantly heavier clothes/shoes on this time. It is my OCD that needs the weigh-in to be controlled. I was tempted to go home and weigh both sets of clothes to figure out the correct amount, but that is just my freakishness seeking an exact science. He has been eating at least twice a day. I made pumpkin bread yesterday to give him some other options. I know, I know, I don't ever cook, but I CAN bake... it goes with the exact science thing. **Disclaimer: I am well aware of my anal obsessiveness - you need not worry. We are saving for Tyler's therapy. :)**

2 comments:

Susan and Kevin said...

Hi Jackie and Bill,
I must say, Jackie, you are quite humorous and entertaining to read. I really think you would be good as a writer for the newspaper. We're so glad that the reduced med.s have Bill feeling better than before. I hope those med.s kick *#%&*, literally.
Take care--
Susan and Kevin

Anonymous said...

I agree, you are a fabulous writer, you really capture everything! Happy to hear that they are finding a dose that will work better for him.(and you). Although it has been awhile since our last post, we want you to know that we think of you and continue to pray for all of you every day! A big hug to you all!

Julie and Lenny