Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hmmmm...

My update today is a confusing one. I am unsure if it is good news or bad news. I suppose if it is a question, then the answer is actually staring at me in the face.

The GOOD News - Bill got up today, took a shower, put in contacts, and left the house!! He called me as I was on my way home and was in his car driving around looking at the tremendous fire damage that surrounds our humble abode. He was gone 30 minutes - all by himself! Then after I came home, the 3 of us went to run some errands. Bill even provided his taxi skills, while I did all the legwork. It was really a treat having him go with us. Even Tyler said, "Thanks for coming with us, Dad. That was nice of you."

The BAD News - The reason Bill left the house today was because he just couldn't lie in bed any longer. He said he could feel the tumor in his groin and could not bear staying in bed "feeling it" anymore. It wasn't necessarily physical pain that ailed him today, but it was the mental anguish that weighed heavily on his mind. I pray with my entire being that he is wrong.

Hopefully he can muster up more energy for this weekend... energy that is not fueled by the fire... literally!

3 comments:

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

awww...i can't even imagine. i'm glad he was able to be up and moving even if it was at the expense of feeling that tumor... ((HUGS))

Mike and Kelly G said...

Billy,
It sounds like you just got so fed up with the 'junk' you have, that you fired yourself up and got yourself out and about. From here that looks to be a great thing. I could just be assuming, but it appears that your fighting back with moxy and refusing to be a victim of this ugly circumstance you were dealt. Good For YOU!!

Jackie,
I wont and cant begin to imagine as a wife what your going thru. Know this, you are ALWAYS in my prayers for strength and courage to face each day. God is so good, because those days you say "I just dont know how I made it thru..." thats when God does His best work on us.

Anonymous said...

I hope he is getting better.Love,

Ethan


im taking it as GREAT news that he got up and ran with you today!!!! ethan wrote his "little" note ( he is a boy...feelings?!?!) all by himself to you!!! we love you and our prayers continue!!! galindo family :+)