Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tipifarnib

The medication is definitely cumulative. The fatigue has reared its ugly head. He did manage to take Tyler to school today, then came home and slept... fast forward to dinner - he ate (good news), then went back to bed - a lot of sleeping today. It is obvious that the color in his face is different, and it seems like the meds are taking their toll. Bill was also complaining today of an ear infection/sore throat combo, which I am sure isn't helping his cause. I am not nearly as worried this time around, since I feel in my heart it is the treatment that is causing the tiredness. This is week 3 of the medication and the 4th week he goes off the harsh pill. It wasn't until he went off the medication that he started to feel better and got a little color in his cheeks, so Murphey's Law prevails... The medication makes him sick, and he gets better when he stops taking it - so putting 2 and 2 together, he should feel like a million bucks next week when he goes off the harsh drug. One can dream...

You are all too funny about me becoming a writer. (See comments on last post.) There are nights I really feel like I throw a post together and should go back and edit, but sleep always sounds more appealing. Bill teases me because when people call or e-mail him the first thing mentioned (after "How are you?") is about the writing on the blog. He wants me to write a book so we could benefit financially, and he can be a stay-at-home dad, only with a nanny to babysit. I had to explain what the term meant, and he quickly rethought his plan. ;) I probably would never have a blog if we weren't in our current situation, so I guess he deserves half of the royalties, given that he has provided me the subject on which to write. I truly love writing the posts and it serves its therapeutic purpose. Who knows, maybe you are reading the advanced copy of a future publication... Thank you all for the kind words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You most definitely should think of writing a book, I am telling you, the way that you write can draw people in, and in such a bad time something positive should come, you could be insperational to others!

Julie