Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Oops!

I forgot something hugely important on yesterday's post about our appointment. Prepare yourself, because it is a BIG one... *enter drum roll here*

Bill gained 2 pounds in the last week!!

I am so excited I can hardly stand it! If only he could gain a few more and make it an even 10 pounds. Although it is not rocket science, but it goes to show you what eating will do. Last night started day one of the second cycle of the trial. So he is officially back on both medications. Today he slept all day, but did eat a decent dinner and hung out with us for a good 30 minutes. It doesn't sound like much, but trust me, to us it is everything. I treasure every single second that we spend together, and sick or not, I recommend everyone do the same with their loved ones. You never know what kind of curve ball will come your way.

3 comments:

Jayne said...

Hi Jackie... I just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you. I've been reading your blog over the past few months and I'm really praying for you and Bill. Thats great he gained weight this week!

Anonymous said...

ALL RIGHT!!! great news on the weight gain...baby steps are okay as long as the steps are coming! Thanks for the update...hope this week goes well and Bill's stamina rises. Thinking of you all!

Julie

Mike and Kelly G said...

Jackie, thank you for sharing your wise words with us. Treasuring every moment we have with the ones we love sometimes gets lost in all the hustle and bustle of this crazy thing we call life.
Tell Billy 'Hi' for us and that we miss him.
Love Kelly