Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The "Good" Week

Well, it's Tuesday (almost Wednesday) and we are still waiting for the "good" week to start. Last night was the first night without taking the harsh medication, so I figure tomorrow should *fingers crossed* be a little better. He left the bed today for all of about 30 minutes combined. Luckily he was able to sleep most of the day, so that at least makes it go by faster (for him). After being pregnant I thought I knew the feeling of true fatigue... not even close, compared to what he is going through. Watching him sit downstairs for even 5 minutes just looks like it is excruciating. Not to mention then having a 3-year-old want to play and rough house; it is so hard for Bill. I remember when Tyler was born and all Bill wanted to do was rough house with the baby. I used to get so nervous, cringe, and tell him, "He's an infant, you can't do that until he can at least hold up his head." Oh my, how the tables have turned.

Although Bill didn't make it to the movies, Tyler and I saw Madagascar and both of us give it 2 thumbs up! He loved it! We went to Target and I bought some Capri Sun (among other things) for Tyler. I always noticed he didn't say "Capri" correctly, but I never really figured out what he was saying. When your child announces loudly in the store, "Yay, Mommy, thank you for buying me CRAPPY Sun!" you start paying close attention to the phonetics and syllable emphasis of certain words. Maybe he is onto something and I should just buy bottled water. The insight of a 3-year-old...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha...thanks for the laugh...gotta love the kids! Hope all gets better this week! Thinking of you.

Julie and Lenny