Monday, September 22, 2008

HOPE...

We have officially survived (and ended) Tyler's birthday week celebration. You know it's bad when I walk in the door from work and he asks, "Did you bring another present home for me?" The kids in my class and past parents at my school were beyond generous and bought him an insane amount of gifts. I'm sure you can all imagine how neglected he is... poor baby. ;)

We are eagerly awaiting our appointment on Thursday at the City of Hope. Bill is still a little unsure as to what is going to happen, but just going there has to get us one step closer to treatment. *fingers crossed* In a perfect world we will sign papers, get all prerequisite tests complete, and he'll be ready to start treatment the following Monday. He has had a few days of feeling "it," which is very achy and uncomfortable. Thankfully they finally gave him some medications to help the ease the pain, which is also helping him to sleep. He learned the hard way about taking a pain killer an hour before Tyler was supposed to wake up. Once my mom came and got him, he was free to sleep at his leisure... which is just what the doctor ordered.

3 comments:

Susan and Kevin said...

Hi Jackie and Bill,
Just an FYI, in case I forgot to mention, you know you can call on either myself or Kevin anytime you need some extra help. From groceries to errands, babysitting to you name it, if we don't know how to do it, we'll look it up on Wikipedia and then do it! (I just learned how to do a fishtail braid this week!!!):) So... please feel free to call us anytime. Also, I don't know if you've ever tried Vons.com (with free delivery), but if you haven't you may want to try it and save a trip to the grocery store. I LOVE it! BEST OF LUCK on Thursday. Keep us all posted.
With love, Susan and Kevin

Unknown said...

Hi Jackie and Bill,
I am glad to hear that you are closer to getting started at City of Hope. I will keep my fingures crossed for Thursday.I don't know how you are doing it all. I too, am a teacher and I too, have a three year old, in fact I have two of them. I can't imagine how you manage everything. You must be "Super Women". I do understand the what life is like with the "Terrible Threes". I often tell them I am going to send them to the moon. Maybe one day, one of them will become and astronaut.
Take care and best of luck at HOPE!

Love,
Kim Dunbar-Jeffrey

Anonymous said...

good luck on thursdays appt. You are always in our prayers, every single day.
Andy, Lori, Meg, & Madie