Monday, September 15, 2008

Tyler's Birthday

Tyler picked out special Popsicles to take to school tomorrow, even though he keeps saying he doesn't want his birthday. Obviously, he doesn't remember the perks of having one.

I still can't believe our baby turns 3 tomorrow! It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about this day 3 years ago. I can honestly say that was the best day of my entire life. (Our wedding day holds a close 2nd, though.) I truly believe you can't fully comprehend the love you have for a child, until you have one of your own. It is a type of adoration that cannot be described or stated with mere words. Love is a verb, not a noun - it is an action, not an idea. It doesn't matter how old or young your children are, it is a love that lasts forever. When I really allow myself to think about our current situation, my heart hurts for what Joe and Ann are going through. Regardless of age, a child is always your baby.

5 comments:

Chuck Shinn said...

Hi Jackie,

Just wanted you to know you all are constantly on my mind and in my prayers, as I know all too well just what you are going through. Tell Bill to continue to fight the good fight, finish the race, and keep the faith. I'm sure Rob will be rooting him along every step of the way.

Chuck (Robbie's dad)

Anonymous said...

Jackie- Just stopping by to tell Tyler HAPPY 3rD BIRTHDAY! We miss you and pray for your family daily. You are such an inspiration to me!

Anonymous said...

OOPs! I forgot to sign my last comment! Its is From SYDNI- DOOPS! :)

Anonymous said...

JAC,

YOU ARE SO CORRECT, ITS A DIFFERENT TYPE OF LOVE THAT ONE HAS FOR THEIR CHILD, I AM SO PROUD OF YOU FOR ALL YOU HAVE BECOME.
ALL MY LOVE.

DAD

Team Rhone said...

Jackie,
I thought of Tyler yesterday as a picture popped up on our computer. It was a picture of me holding him, in the hospital. He has always been adorable!!!
The love for your child is so strong it is almost incomprehensible until you experience it. My heart aches for you all as you walk through this, and I often wonder how Joe and Ann are holding up! It is incredibly distressing to watch your child in pain! You are all courageous and are helping all of us walk through this with you. Thank you for your candor and your willingness to make your private life public so that we can walk with you every step of the way!
Love,
Leslie