Sunday, September 14, 2008

Operation HOPE

We finally are off to the City of Hope tomorrow! We are staying the night at Bill parent's house so we can get up at the crack of dawn and hit the traffic without getting Tyler up. I can't wait to go to bed so that the time goes by faster. Silly, I know...

If you read the comment on the last post from Lori Buley (Bill's prom date) you will see she mentions the Verizon network with hundreds of people standing behind the carrier. We actually laughed out loud at that comment because just yesterday as Bill was checking his e-mail, he had so many offers of people wanting to go with us, he used the same exact analogy. Great minds think alike. Since I pray many, many times a day I'd like to be the first to ask the Big Man upstairs, "Can You hear me now?"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie~

I am praying for the best for you and Bill. You are a strong woman and with that strength and help from your loved ones (and seems you have a lot of them), you and Bill will get through this. Take it from me, family is the backbone to surviving any trial and tribulations that God or anyone else can throw at you. My good thoughts and prayers go with you and Bill as you set out on your journey.

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Jackie

I am so happy your appointment is finally here! The City of Hope is the best my experience with them was fantastic and I pray they'll have a therapy for Bill. I will be praying for you all day!

All my love,
Ellen

The Fu2rman said...

Sis,

You and Bill are, in weird way, an inspiration.

Everytime I get on the blog I try to find the right words to say, and I am blank. It goes without saying that I am praying for you and thinking of you both, all day long. So when I get on here, I think I would like to be funny, or change the subject, and talk about other things.

Bill and Jackie, you are two of my favorite people in my life. Seeing the two of you go through all this is painful for me, which makes me think of how hard it must be for the two of you.

But finally the day is here, the first day toward remission!

Good luck, I know you won't need it, because Bill is a winner.

But know you have my prayers, my santaria, my ritual de lo habitual, and whatever other positive energy I can send.

I love you both,

Todd

Anonymous said...

Hi Bill and Jackie,

Yea! Finally the big day has arrived! I just wanted you to know that even though I am here in Irvine, my heart is there with the two of you.

XXOO-
Shannon

Mike and Kelly G said...

Gosh,
I am on pins and needles. I keep checking back to see if there is anything new. I know you are both dealing with so much and have to digest your news whatever it is but I cant help returning to the blog. Love you guys! Stay strong we are all here!!

Anonymous said...

Bill I read about today with mixed emotions. On one hand I am happy that they have a treatment that can give us all such HOPE! But, on the other hand I wish I could just wave a wand and make it all go away. We love you, we think about you all the time, we pray for your strength to face this and the peace of God in your heart as you do, and we thank God for Jackie.

Dorothy Morgan