Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A New Book...

We have been keeping busy the last few days, and it is really nice having Bill home. I know Tyler loves it too! Bill has been able to take him and pick him up from preschool - which Tyler is actually starting to like. I am getting used to the routine of working full-time again. I guess that is an occupational hazard when you have the summers off. 5:30 rolls around awfully early in the morning!

My principal e-mailed me yesterday that she had an amazing book in her office that I had to read. Well, I have literally lost sleep while trying to stay up and read it. It is an inspirational book that is impossible to put down. The Traveler's Gift is the title and it is geniusly written. A man crashes his car and in the unconscious state afterwards he travels back in time and meets leaders and heroes at critical moments in their lives. He learns seven secrets for success from some of the wisest people to have ever lived. The book trumps sleep any day of the week!

1 comment:

Mike and Kelly G said...

Hi to both of you,
Billy, I just had to share this with you. I was thinking about having Mike set up the ping pong table, and some really funny memories came flooding back to when I first met you. I remember when you and Mike were playing in Jims garage and everytime you scored on Mike he would screech thru his teeth 'MICHAEL'(That's the G-rated version) He got so mad. (Ha, he still does which makes me re-think the ping pong thing) Anyway, you got such a kick out of his outburst that when you missed a shot you would say 'WILLIAM'under your breath in the mocking way only you know how. I think thats where I got calling you William when I do. oh fun times. Well hope you dont mind but I will use your paddle and do you proud and screach out 'WILLIAM' when Mike loses a shot. It's the least I can do right?

Kelly