Sunday, August 17, 2008

Soup Plantation

Well, last night Bill had a craving for Soup Plantation, and when he gets a craving these days we tend to act on it fast! His weight loss and lack of appetite means he just about gets any type of meal he wants... even if I have to shove it down his throat.

Unfortunately it was the worst meal we (the 3 of us) have ever eaten. It was awful and definitely not worth $23.87. Well, after dinner we decided to go by my mom and Ron's house since we were just down the street. We were sitting around the table and Bill held up his left hand to show me his wedding ring was gone. Since he has lost so much weight, it wasn't tight anymore. He thought maybe he threw it away at Soup Plantation when he washed his hands in the bathroom. His ring was thick, heavy, and solid platinum, so it wasn't cheap. We talked about going back but decided there was no way since it was 9:00pm and Tyler needed to go to bed, not to mention, Bill was really spent too. We had a glimmer of hope that he didn't wear it to dinner and it was sitting at home on the counter. My mom and Ron wanted us to call if it was at home, and if it wasn't, Ron was going to go to the restaurant and dig in the trash (he is a good man). Bill and I debated calling and saying we found it, since neither of us wanted him to dumpster dive. When I called my mom and told her we didn't find it, but really didn't want Ron to go down there, she said, "Oh, he already left and is digging through trash as we speak." (He IS a good man.) He even took trash home to dig through, but sadly, no ring yet.

I know I should be upset that it's lost, but truly, although sentimental, it is just a ring. In the big picture, there are so many other things that are more important in life. I just can't worry about it. I don't have any room left to anguish over something that can eventually be replaced. I keep telling Bill, that we ARE still married, whether he wears the ring or not. He thought he was off the hook... hahaha

1 comment:

Joe B-Bartak said...

I lost mine probably 30 years ago and we still managed! Joe