Friday, August 22, 2008

The Beach

We are here at the beach house and it is amazing! I'm not sure we are ever going to leave... I hope Norm and Rose don't mind. Imagine redecorating your house and taking an issue of Architecture Digest to replicate - THAT is how incredible it is here. Not to mention, it is on the water. Even Tyler said, "Grandma, this is a cool house." It takes a lot to impress a (almost) 3-year-old. Bill is thrilled to be here too.

I called the City of Hope today for an appointment, and before getting to that step the oncologist has to fax over all of his medical records. I can't even schedule it... even with the referral. Do poodles jump through these hoops too? We go back to the oncologist Tuesday for test results (brain scan and lung fluid), and he ensured us that he will have the whole "package" ready to go, so we don't leave a stone unturned. The waiting is the hardest part.

I know I started this blog saying I don't know how often I will post, but it has turned into my new passion. The positive feedback helps, too! :) So many of you have shown concern that I am adding another stress onto my plate by updating so frequently. I really enjoy posting on here, and I even catch myself writing things down during the course of the day to remind me of things I want to say in my posts. I know, I know, a little Type A. While I'm not quitting my day job, I think I could easily do this for a living. I just don't want the real life drama that has come with my new passion. I guess then I wouldn't have much to blog about. Murphy's Law for you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie- I just wanted to tell you that I am so proud of your strength! I know that You will both pull through this with flying colors! We miss you over on DOOPS, and wanted you to know I check up on ya, even tho I am not good at leaving comments! Have a great weekend! Give Tyler (tider) a hug from Delaney!

Sydni

Mike and Kelly G said...

Hey, Billy and Jackie we are up in Visalia with family just checking in with the news. As always Love to all.

Mike and Kelly

Toots and Claude Renspak said...

Has Tyler seen Cosmos buzz the beach house in his fighter jet yet?

Maybe there needs to be a sufficient quantity of sangria consumed (by the adults) before one's eye sight is properly prepared to observe something moving so fast.

:-)

Have a great time enjoying the beach!!

Claude

Unknown said...

Hi Jackie,
I just read your amazing blog, and can understand the power of its therapy. Please know that I am thinking of you and Bill and Tyler. Enjoy the beach ~ and REST UP for the weeks ahead!
Sara