Saturday, August 16, 2008

It worked!

Although he felt worse last night after the lung draining, it seems to have helped. He had to be at work at 4:45 this morning, which means the alarm goes off around 3:30. I'll be the first to admit... that is a little early for me. I can usually lie in bed and in the quiet of the early hour I can hear him breathing as he gets ready. The shortness of breath was pretty prominent. I am happy to say that this morning I couldn't hear him breathing!! (Words I never thought I'd be happy about!) The draining seems to have helped. One small step...

2 comments:

Chris K. said...

Bill and Jackie, I have been checking my e-mail every day hoping for the best for all of you. I am happy to hear that a small bit of comfort may have come for Bill in having his lung drained, I will be thinking and praying for you all. Take care of each other and keep us posted your firends always, Chris & Susan

The Fu2rman said...

Bill and Jackie,

Great idea setting this up!

I can only imagine how difficult it must be having to tell everyone, one after another, the details of this situation. Although, there is a bright side to that, there are a whole lot of people that care a great deal for both of you. This way we all get the best of both worlds. All your concerned friends and family can check up on you, and you don't have to field 20 phone calls a day.

Bill, if you don't mind, could hurry up and get rid of this whole mess, the Sheraton wasn't as fun tonight without you there. And Banquet season is coming!

JK, seriously, take care of yourselves, call on me whenever you need anything.

Love,

Your Brother,
Todd