Sunday, August 17, 2008

My First Entry

Hello, Everyone!

I just want to say that I appreciate all the interest in this little hill in our life by all of you. I appreciate the out pouring of thoughts and prayers, and all the other support that just make things a bit more comfortable right now. I really can't express my gratitude. I am honestly overwhelmed by the amount of people that we have heard from.

I apologize right now for not answering my phone sometimes and talking directly to you. The evening is especially tough due to breathing issues that I am having. It is hard to have a conversation with anyone when my breathing is really bad. Now that Jackie started the blog I have an avenue for communication that doesn't take talking. However, I want you all to know how much I value those phone calls from you.

I am extremely anxious to form a plan and get going on a treatment plan. The waiting is the worst part of this whole mess. Sometimes I feel like I will be sent to the funny farm before I get treated. I am trying so hard to stay positive and on a regular schedule. I even played golf today. Granted, I only really got through 11 holes (I think I was toast at about the 8th hole) I still managed to humiliate myself for a few hours.

I will post as much as I can and really enjoy reading your comments. Thank you, thank you, thank you. We really can't thank you enough for the thoughts and prayers. Please keep them coming. I love you all and can't wait to see you all at the remission party when this is all over. It will probably held at the Niccoli's. At least that is where I hear all the best parties happen! I just know it is hard to book a date!

We will keep you posted...

Bill

6 comments:

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

jackie and bill, just wanted to let you know that i've been praying for you. the Lord is on your side:)

~Becky from DOOPS

Joe B-Bartak said...

HaHaHA! It's good to hear that your sense of humor is still intact.Just be prepared,parties at the Niccoli's can go on for days!

I love you soo much. I'm here for you anytime.
I've given God a piece of my mind,not the good part,I hope!
But I know that He will always be there with all of us and He will see us through!! Mom

Joe B-Bartak said...

I'm still trying to get Mom's computer to work on this comment page. You must have to have a "Google" account. I had to post her comments from my computer. We will keep trying.
Great format and your both doing a great job keep us informed.
Much love: Dad

Joe B-Bartak said...

/Users/ernestfbartak/Desktop/Green River golf 8-17-2008/IMG_1419.JPG


This is a test! Sorry Dad

Julie/Lenny said...

Hey you, It is nice to see that you are staying positive and keeping up your sense of humor, I sure do miss that, I was just talking about the powdered sugar thing the other day! LOL! We just want you to know that we are praying for you and if there is anything you guys need we will always be here...Love and Miss you!
Julie and Lenny

Anonymous said...

The Niccoli's are most anxious to have a remission party!! The sooner
the better! We are praying to our favorite Saint "Anthony" to FIND the cure for you. He is the best at finding things, even cures. Ps the party is on us!! Much Love,
Dom & Sandy