Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sorry... a little late

I have been busy trying to get my classroom ready for yet another school year. Year 13 to be exact... sorry, mom and dad, for making you feel old. I know once we get to the City of Hope, my time to prep and do odds and ends in there will be limited. Luckily, I teach with an AMAZING team of teachers who are helpful beyond belief. The support I have at work is one that cannot be paralleled. I am so fortunate in that aspect. I don't know how many people wake up in the morning and are excited to go to work everyday... I can't imagine it any other way.

Bill and I are working on his disability papers and the hoops to jump through are unreal. He is planning on September 1st being his last day. I tried to talk him into leaving sooner, but he wouldn't hear of it. We got the City referral today and I'll call in the morning to make his first appointment. We are both so ready to get the ball rolling. It has been a slow week, with a few tears. Today was a really good day, which makes for a really nice evening. I hate seeing his limited energy used up at work, then he's exhausted at home. Selfishly, I want it the other way around. :) Neither of us are eating much these days... not good. No news here, but I am not a "cooker" as Tyler would say. My mom came to babysit today, and I came home (from teaching a computer class) to a tureen of potato soup that was so appreciated, not to mention, delicious! Just the smell made my mouth water. It has been a challenge to keep the kitchen stocked with anything but toddler food. I forgot how nice a warm meal tasted! It definitely beats a bowl of cereal! Bill loved the soup, too, which says a lot. He is still having issues keeping food down, though.

We are both so excited to go to the beach house this weekend. It is going to be so nice to just relax and hang out. The first thing I packed was sunscreen... I can't stress it enough, WEAR SUNSCREEN! Needless to say, we won't be sunbathing this weekend! My child will probably never get his natural source of vitamin D from the sun - but if that means no skin cancer, then I'm good with it!

3 comments:

Toots and Claude Renspak said...

Hi guys,
Glad things are moving along nicely for you!

I have noticed you have blogged every day since starting your blog. Even though we all love reading your posts (and I do check it daily which I am sure everyone probably does), please do not feel obligated to post daily.

Have a great time at the beach!

And don't let little Tyler get into the Sangria. Thats adult entertainment!! ;-)

Take care,
Toots

Anonymous said...

Is it okay that I leave a comment? i'm glad you get to relax at the beach house. I hope you guys get to conserve energy and build some up for the coming fight.

Val said...

Jackie,
Just got your update yesterday. Enjoy your last few days before work. I can't believe it's already time to to back! You are Bill are in my thoughts and prayers. Have a great week-end! Love, Val