Saturday, August 23, 2008

Last Night

Last night was hysterical! The 3 of us are staying in the master bedroom because it has a small chair that folds into a little bed that is about 18 inches off the ground, however it does not have rails on it like his bed at home. Now I'm sure you see where this is going... He was so excited to have his "very own cozy bed". Well lo and behold, we heard a rather large THUD around 10:30pm and expected crying to follow, only to find he stayed asleep! We got him back in bed, no harm, no foul. Around 2:00am Bill got up to go to the bathroom, and I thought I should probably check on Tyler. I felt around the bed, and couldn't find him. He had fallen off again and was sound asleep on the floor. I discovered him just in time to avoid Bill stepping on him on his way to the bathroom. We have no idea how long he was sleeping down there, but the poor thing was freezing! I guess I'm definitely out for the Mother of the Year Award again this year. Oh well, onto next year.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

BILL, JAC AND TYLER

WELL JAC LOOKS LIKE TYLER IS TAKING AFTER YOU. REMEMBER YOUR WHEN YOUR LOVING BROTHER WOULD HAVE TO WALK INTO THE WALL WHEN YOU WERE SLEEP WALKING. HOW SWEET HE WAS
GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE HAVING FUNN GODD BLESS YOU ALL

LOVE
DAD

David said...

WOW tyler sounds like he has no tolerance for pain or any feeling when going "THUD" on the floor even if it's 18 inches off!

Toots and Claude Renspak said...

LOL!!

Will make for a great story when Tyler gets older!

Toots and Claude

Anonymous said...

That award went to me this year, when i HESITANTLY left Megan home alone, (she's 10), while I attended an dentist apt. That was the day of that good sized earhtquake we recently had!!!
Well at least my teeth are sparkly!!!

Anonymous said...

That's because he was sooo exhausted from sitting in the beach chair while we did his bidding. You've heard of bringing sand to the beach? Well,we had to bring buckets of water to Tyler in his chair because he didn't want to get up! Can you beat that! I can't believe that we actually did it!!! Must be nice to be king!
Had a great time and hope we can do it again soon.
Love to you all, Ann

Anonymous said...

From: Joe B.
OK, that was funny. Let me tell you I really missed the blog on the ride. 42 hours, 2250 miles and 31 stops later I'm catching up on you guys here in South Bend , IN. I can just picture you three adults catering to that 3 yr. old, and loving every minute of it. Called Kylee and told her to tell the team to bring jackets and long pants, it's cold and windy at night.
Sure missed being with you all, believe me I paid for it, I'll explain later.
Dad

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so glad to see the cousins have their own coastal "MOTY" award! My friends and I have had many a good laugh over our Mother Of The Year awards slipping from our grasp again!!!!!!!! So glad you got away to enjoy each other and just BE. Stay positive and know that prayers are coming your way daily from your "not-so tan" cousins in Rochester NY!

xoxo Diane, Tony, Bella & Ava (Fitzgerald) Harris!!

P.S. Tell Bill Adam Ant STILL ROCKS! :)