Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring Break

Spring Break has finally arrived, and I have to say that it did not come fast enough. Tyler is the one who is desperate to have me home. Bill is constantly sleeping, so he isn't aware of my absence. He hasn't come downstairs yet today, and he is afraid to eat, because after Monday night's event he still has some vomiting issues. The under-the-tongue medication works wonders to stave it off in the beginning.

On Wednesday he went in and got the tiny hole under his tube stitched closed. At least he is no longer leaking, which makes life one hundred times easier. The leaking really put a damp-er on things... hahaha. (Sorry, I have clearly been around second graders far too long.) The stitch is working, but is actually causing him quite a bit of pain. He woke up in the middle of the night groaning and hurting. He has even gotten up to take a pain pill in the wee hours, in an attempt to make himself more comfortable. It doesn't look infected, but we are keeping a close eye on it, just in case. I keep asking him if it seems normal to have that much pain for two or three stitches. He consistently replies that the stomach is a very sensitive area to have stitches... I couldn't resist the reminder that I had a C-section when I birthed his child, a son, after thirty-six hours of labor... I throw it in every chance I get. :)

No comments: