Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

What a weekend! It has been a whirlwind, and I am ready to begin my week off. Saturday, I took Tyler to the mall to "see" the Easter bunny, not sit on his lap... those are his words. Nevermind the black shirt with a skull and cross bones on it. The visit wasn't planned... or not planned well. We stood and watched a few kids first, then he decided we could get in line and he'd sit next to the bunny, because his head was too big. He did great! I practically ran to the end of the line before anything could change his mind. His goal was to tell the Easter bunny what he wanted for Easter. I had to explain that it was not like Santa, and this was not Christmas. The real picture (not this one) is so cute! I was too cheap to buy the CD with the picture since I was already wrapped into $27 for one 5 x 7 and four wallets! I took a few shots with my own camera, but they obviously make you buy a set of pictures. I am clearly in the wrong business... but I digress.

Today was a wonderful Easter! Having Tyler really "get it" this year has been so much fun! We had our Easter egg hunt this morning and played with a few toys the bunny brought. (This is a picture of Egg Hunt #1.)


Bill's little set of stitches is completely infected. It is, brace yourself, filled with puss and oozing. I can handle the tube and catheter, but the infected part under the boil, is a little tough for me. We ended up at Urgent Care this morning so he could be checked before our long day. It's amazing how many people go to Urgent Care on Easter morning. The doctor gently squeezed the area to get as much puss out as possible. He was able to leave the stitches in, but if it doesn't start to heal with the antibiotic, then he may need to have the stitches out to completely heal.

We went to my aunt's house after and Tyler got to have Egg Hunt #2! That Easter bunny really gets around! If you look closely, you can see that there were eggs everywhere! They literally covered the grass... and he was the only egg hunter. I didn't think he would ever finish!


We left my aunt's house, and headed to Bill's parents house. I was hoping Tyler would nap in the car, and of course that didn't happen. Bill did, however, doze off on the way there. The Easter bunny went to Grandma and Papa's house too, where Egg Hunt #3 took place. The crazy Easter bunny doesn't just hide eggs at their house; he hides all sorts of things... water sprayers, stickers, a kick board, and many, many other toys and things. If you know Joe (Bill's dad) you know he is quite a gardener. His yard/flowers/garden always look great. This little patch of grass is his prized possession... the dichondra lawn. For months while it was growing, no one was allowed to walk on it. (I think it was even taped off for awhile.) I am still a little reluctant to walk on it myself. You know if Tyler isn't permitted to be on it... then NO ONE is. This picture is Tyler seeing the first egg in the middle of the lawn... he is contemplating how to get it, since he isn't allowed to walk on Papa's grass. I love my well-trained little rule follower!

1 comment:

Tamie said...

Happy Easter Bartak Family! You are finally getting to the good part of Easter with Tyler understanding the egg hunt and Easter Bunny, and I, on the other hand, am having a hard time trying to accept that that part of my holiday is over. At 16, 15, 12, and 11, the kids didn't want to do the big hunt at my sister's house this year. I think Megan felt bad for me yesterday because she asked me if we could hide the eggs for her so she could have her own egg hunt before we left for the day. I think she may have understood how sad the end of one of my favorite traditions made me. I know I say this all of the time to you, but enjoy every minute! Every stage gets better and better, but the little precious moments and child like innocence can't be recaptured. I'm glad your day was spectacular. I am praying that poor Bills infection goes away without having to take out those stitches. We need to get this taken care of before his big party!! Love to you all, Tamie