Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Awareness Party!

I took Tyler to school today... yes, during spring break. It was three and half hours of pure bliss. Not that I don't love spending time home with him, but the chance to go to the mall alone is priceless. I am new person!

The party is still on for April 25th! I have come up with a new theme for it. It is no longer "the above ground funeral". That name makes my stomach turn, so I have turned it into an Awareness Party. Awareness about skin cancer, awareness about sun protection, awareness about loving every minute, awareness about enjoying everyday, awareness to count your blessings, awareness to live your dreams... the list goes on and on.

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Jackie,
I love the new theme! What a great way to bring awareness about so many different things. Everyone can relate to it. Always in my thoughts and prayers. By the way what is the count down for you? I have 42 more days left!!!!Yea!!!!

TEAM HOGAN said...

Jackie, I love the new theme. Spread the word as much as you can about melanoma!! I found some black ribbon magnets on eBay that say "Melanoma Awareness" and I stuck one on my car so all the people stuck in traffic can think about skin cancer.

I am very glad you had a good Easter! Your son is darling sitting with the Easter Bunny.

Have a good week

Anna Hogan

Laura and Chris said...

Jackie,
We have prayed for Bill and his overall health and treatment plan. It is so nice that you are doing this blog. I know so many people who enjoy reading them. We have "lurked" many times!! Glad to hear the theme has changed. Enjoy your spring break especially those opportunities to be alone.
Laura Johnston (Leslie's cousin)

Anonymous said...

Great theme!

Mary Nyeholt