Friday, April 24, 2009

The Shin-Dig

The big shin-dig is tomorrow! I can't believe it! We had a crazy day with people in and out, deliveries, etc. Bill didn't get much rest today, so I am keeping my fingers crossed he can make it through tomorrow and actually enjoy it! I have decided that this is going to be Bill's Annual Awareness Party. Every year around April, we will throw a bash to celebrate survival. I just want to reiterate that everyone is invited and it is an Open House starting at 11:00.

The backyard looks amazing. I tried to capture a picture of the beautiful lights strung over the pool, but the proper justice just wasn't done. I guess you will all have to see it in person tomorrow... minus the darkness. I have to hand it to Mike, Bill's best friend. He has literally planned everything down to the last detail and facilitated Bill's every wish to put on this party - and he has selflessly done it with an insane amount of support and love. If/when you see him tomorrow, please let him know how much his efforts are appreciated and make sure you have a beer with him.

Let the awareness begin!!

3 comments:

Jeff's Daily Update said...

Jackie--

This party is the best idea EVER! I love it! I can't wait to hear how it goes. Have a great time!

Kelly

TEAM HOGAN said...

Bill, Jackie & Tyler,

Thank you for inviting me to your shin-dig/awareness party! It was wonderful to finally meet you all in person, eat some great food and meet all the wonderful people who are supporting you during this battle.

I have to admit that I left the party with a bit of envy, that you had this amazing opportunity to get everyone together to express your thanks and celebrate LIFE!! I think when Bill made his 2nd speech for Jackie was especially hard for me to hear but it was also very healing.

I look forward to coming over soon to your home. I am here for you guys night/day!!

MELANOMA SUCKS!!!

Anna Hogan
Mission Viejo, CA

daune abadie said...

Jackie,
Wow, what a party! Such a wonderful day for a celebration of life. Thank you for inviting us today! I hope that you get to relax at some point this weekend. If you need any help tomorrow, just let me know. I am free!
Daune