Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Chinese Chicken Salad

Although Bill's appetite isn't exactly in full force right now, he has a peculiar craving for Chinese Chicken Salad from Wood Ranch. (Of course he couldn't crave one from a cheaper restaurant.) He has eaten *probably* five of them the past ten days, with one China Coast Salad from Islands mixed in, which is essentially the same thing.

He is still losing weight - a lot of it. I bought him a pair of shorts last week and they are now too big and he will soon need a size 32, or maybe even a 30. The hard part is that he has had numerous situations where people haven't recognized him. He has now lost just over 80 pounds!!!! I have talked to him (nagged at him?) numerous times about staying strong and the necessity of food for nourishment and healing. He is adamant that he really is not thrilled about trying to gain weight back. I truly think he likes being thin, not sans muscle, but skinny. With Bill's attitude in mind, I'd like to quote my grandmother for him, "You can never be too rich or too thin, and there is no such thing as a diamond too gaudy." OK, Bill would probably leave the last part off, but since she was MY grandma, I get to include the diamond part. ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

xoxo....audrey

Annie said...

you are going to have to sneak some extra calories in that salad. Hmm...deep fried salad?

Anonymous said...

Yummy...salad, I wish I liked salad! I just wanted to say that we (no not the mouse in my pocket, but Lenny) are sooo excited for the party on Saturday! we have missed you! Julie

TEAM HOGAN said...

My advice would be to buy Ensure at the grocery store. That worked wonders for me.

Find his favorite
flavor...chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, etc.

Those drinks are full of calories and vitamins. Plus, they taste pretty good!

NL said...

Yes, definitely the Ensure! I love the chocolate, especially when it's chilled...tastes almost like a milk shake. I think I'll bring some dessert over on Saturday! :) Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Mr. Bill-

It's been far too long and, alas, I cannot wait to touch your pants my friend! Ya for sure!

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Matt V.