Thursday, April 16, 2009

Last Half of Spring Break

Only three days left of Spring Break, and I am stretching it out. Today was another school day for Tyler, and I meticulously planned my four free hours. I opted to stay away from the mall today (for financial reasons) and got a pedicure while I did my daily New York Times crossword puzzle. It was pure bliss!

Bill's few stitches are still infected, but are definitely better. He is in less pain, but it still oozes and is pussy. Sounds lovely, doesn't it? The antibiotics are working, but a little slower than we were hoping. He has mostly slept the entire week, in fact, he has even dozed off mid sentence, or while I changed his bandage. The fatigue is present in full force. He is going to take a break from the trial drug (since that is the sleep inducer) in order to be awake and alert for the party. I want him to enjoy it, not struggle to stay upright.

Tyler and I have had a wonderful time this week... I don't want it to end. We are headed to the beach house in Carlsbad this weekend. I am trying to talk Bill into staying an extra day or two, since I'll have to go to work on Monday. We'll see if he is persuadable.

No comments: