Thursday, April 30, 2009

Grande, Nonfat, White Chocolate Mocha

I just finished changing Bill's bandage, and I am happy to report that the infected spot is much better! It's nowhere near healed, but it has finally scabbed over which thankfully results in a non-leaking wound. He is still sleeping the day away, but he has managed to eat a Chinese chicken salad every night this week. Yes, the same salad (Wood Ranch) EVERY night! At the party, a close family friend of Bill's slipped him a very generous gift card to Wood Ranch and told him to eat as many Chinese chicken salads as he wants. He is really taking those words to heart!

A quick point of clarification about my Starbucks post. I had to laugh to myself when I read the comment about banning Starbucks... I had a grande, nonfat, white chocolate mocha in my hand as I read it. Sometimes I don't connect the two places. It was a blond moment, I suppose. I found out (from my Principal's husband) that they did not lay him off because he was on disability, but it was probably because he would have been in the next round of layoffs, since he hadn't been there that long. The letter indicates that IF he ever wanted to go back to work after disability (which isn't going to happen) he would have to go back as a rehire. We already know his long-term disability is set and he will not be returning. Since he already is on disability, they cannot cut him off, even though he is not technically an employee; hence the part about benefits not being affected. Phew! We seriously side-stepped that landmine!

I have put myself on a very strict sleep schedule. The past few months I have been getting about five hours a night. Granted, five hours a few nights in a row is still very function-able, but every night definitely wears on a person. My reasoning... The only time I get by myself is the drive to and from work... all 15 minutes of it. I haven't been home alone in years. I hate to say it, but I love the evenings when both the boys are in bed, and I get time to be by myself. Unfortunately, I deprived my sleep in order gain a few hours alone. I have finally gotten sleep this week, and I tell you, I feel amazing! It's a world of difference! Sleep really does work wonders for a person. I have promised myself that I'll be in bed and asleep by 10:30 each night. So far, so good!

Only 29 actual days of school left! I can't believe it. Where did the time go?

3 comments:

daune abadie said...

Jackie,
Oh thank goodness...I really needed Starbucks today but thought twice about getting it. Now I don't feel guilty! I second the Grande, Nonfat, White Mocha...do you do iced or hot????

I'm going to take Bill's lead and order the Chinese Chicken Salad at Woodranch next time, I always stick with the chop salad...we all need to step out and try something new sometimes......but not straying from the G.N.W.C.M!!!! Not ever. Have a great weekend and thanks for the countdown!!!
daune

NL said...

Sleep, like food, nourishes and replenishes the body. When people think of their body they often forget the the brain,which needs as much rest and nourishment as any other organ. I'm glad you realize how much you need sound, prolonged rest for your mental and physical health. Remember to adhere to the pledge you made to yourself...in bed by 10:30 every night! Nancy

Irene McGoldrick said...

Hey there Jackie,

I would be glad to mix you a personal blend of my lotion or oil with essential oils.

Contact me direct or go to my website.

Keep sleeping!

Irene