Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Two and a Half Liters!

Today went even better than planned. Thankfully, they were able to drain two and a half liters of fluid! They are only supposed to take two liters at a time, but he had so much and the doctor thought he could handle it, so they went ahead and took an extra half liter. He said he instantly felt better - even lying on the table as they were draining, he felt an amazing difference. He'll go back next week and have his lung drained, and then probably make a third trip to have his stomach done again. You'd think with modern medicine as advanced as it is he could just have a spigot installed... that would solve so many problems! I am going to look into that.

He and Ann went to Heroes to eat, and right after he took his last bite he ended up "losing his lunch"... literally. He thinks he probably overdid it with all that extra room in his abdomen. It actually made him hungry for dinner (which doesn't happen very often), so he ate slowly and was able to go back for seconds. He had a really good day!!

1 comment:

daune abadie said...

An old Camp Titan saying..."Better late than never, better never late! You're late, you're late, you're late." Hi friend, yes, I am sooooo late to get to you and I am deeply sorry!! I just learned last night and I spoke to Tamie this am. So of course I spent today (with the appreciated interruption of tea parties with my 2 1/2 year old and running back and forth to Kindergarten) "catching up" on your blog, start to present. What a journey you've been on!

First, and most important, Bill is in our prayers! I don't know Bill, but can tell from all you write about him, that he is a brave and dedicated man. Second, and just as important, YOU ARE AN AMAZING WOMAN, WIFE, AND MOM!!!!! You are an inspiration to all who read your blog and to those blessed to spend time with you. Your strength and courage are what keep your family going I'm sure.

In many ways I am at a loss for words. The only words that I can come up with tonight are...keep the faith!
I know, from my mom, that when lead down this path, He leads you, gives you strength, courage, and wisdom. I often wondered...How in the heck am I able to do it all when so much is waiting at home? Well, I know how, it is with the Lord's help.

Jackie, if there is ANYTHING that I can do, please let me know. That sounds so "dull," but really, I am here. I am off on Thurs and Fridays and would love to run errands, grocery shop, have a play date with my little one and Tyler (believe me, Makayla would love to have a friend over). I read early in your posts that you like soup, I can even make soup (I too was not blessed with "cooker" genes) but my soup is really good. Whatever you need....

Anyway, I would love to catch up. Bill is in our prayers as are you and Tyler!!!
Keep the faith!
Love,
Daune Abadie